Sunday, May 12, 2013

BICYCLE POSTCARD




I bought a beautiful cruiser bicycle and put a wicker basket on it, only to find that each time I rode it, I felt underdressed. The bicycle had issued its own demand of style. I found myself dressing into characters when I would ride it. I was the actor and  the pavement was my stage. The travelers in cars, and on foot were the audience. This is not a long play mind you, not one that would fill a manuscript, but an ephemeral one, one that could be written on back of a postcard. One might read a postcard, flip it over, and then place it on the table next to a pile of newspapers and bills, until eventually, it finds it's way into the bottom of a drawerSo goes my quick play, and my characters pedaling by: The Brigadier, The Rich Golfer, Bill Cunningham w/ Cardboard Camera,War and Peace, The Austrian Extra from The Sound of Music, and Fake Messenger with the Fake Doll Bomb.






2 comments:

  1. That's great!!! Love the bike with that beautiful wicker basket and your characters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have totally captured Bill Cunningham. Excellent image!

    ReplyDelete