Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A PORTRAIT OF A PORTRAIT


Earlier in the my post I mentioned that memory is folded like a blanket. Distance can be the seen in the same way.
When I was a child, I was captivated by a story that my Aunt Virginia told about her husband, who as a pilot in his spare time. Walter had one eye, therefore, no depth of field. A little girl standing close to him would look the same as a woman standing 9 feet back. I imagined him asking the little girl what she did for a living.

I bought a Swiss nurses apron and I embroidered a pig on it. Then I made a replica of it , in a child's size. In the photographs, one has no clue of the size of the aprons. The only clue is the frame, and when they are together. 





I repeated the the idea of the scarves, placing the object under the image. The aprons are inside the white frames. Having the knowledge of this gives weight to what would be the most simple of photographs.  




No comments:

Post a Comment